GET READY FOR A LONG STORY!!! :)
Well there are lots of changes going on in our life right now to say the least. For a while we have been praying and trying to decide whether or not the path for Seminary Special Ed was "IT". We kept feeling prompted to not have Brant enroll in the Special Ed Master's program, but that left us with a lot of other questions as to what to pursue. Brant absolutely adored the Seminary Special Ed program and the amazing people and kids he was working with, but just wasn't sure it was what he should be pursuing as far as a full time career. As he got started teaching we realized even more how slim the chances of going from part time to full time would be. Well in the midst of all of this, my mom and dad went out of town. They were selling their car and someone wanted to come check it out so we told them we would show it for them. The couple came to check out the car and we just got chatting and really clicked. They were amazing people and we were laughing and talking in the driveway for over two hours. They live in St. George area, he works in Vegas and owns a mechanic shop in Panguitch. When he and another gentleman bought the mechanic shop, they had a gentleman leasing it back from them and he unfortunately passed away in November. Since then things had not been running exactly as they would like and they were looking for someone new. Well, as most of you probably know Brant worked at a mechanic shop for 3 years and was the Service Director for part of that time. He really loved the work and has told me countless times how much he would love to open a small mechanic or lube shop, but we couldn't figure out a feasible way to come up with the overhead for something like that. Shaun, the owner of the shop, kept saying to his wife- He is what we need at our shop, I mean seriously he is what we need. He and Brant were totally on the same page as far as how they think a shop should be run. Well before he left, he said, Brant you are what I need. What would it take? Brant and I just kind of sat there and he said, " No seriously you guys - What salary would you need to move to Panguitch?" I think I mumbled something like, " Where's Panguitch?" We laughed and threw out an amount that was fair and he said Okay! Through the whole conversation I kept thinking we are going to be moving to Panguitch - My gut just knew that this was a serious thing. Well they exchanged numbers and we told him we would think and talk about it some more. We ended up going to Panutich that week to make sure it was somewhere we could actually live or picture ourselves. It was an adorable little community and we fell in love. While we were there, Shaun called and asked us to come to his home and discuss more specifics with him. So, that weekend off to St. George we went to check it out and basically had a 3 day in depth job interview with Shaun and the other partner Steve. They are both amazing men as well as their wives. Very down to earth and great people. It was all coming together. They offered Brant the position and we accepted. Brant and I had several confirmations through prayer and at the temple that we should go ahead and pursue this path. So, as we nailed down the details of the whole transition, it ended up working out that Brant had to be in Panguitch on the 8th - That was only a week from the day the job was offered. We were blessed to find a rental home and get things settled that way and headed home to start packing. On the way home, we found out Brant's sweet grandma had passed away. She was an amazing woman who we absolutely loved and adored and we will miss her, but we are so grateful she is no longer in pain. To say the least it has been a whirlwind of a week between packing, funerals and everything else going on. Brant left today and drove down to Panguitch to start work tomorrow morning. The awesome thing about this opportunity is that we will have a review in a few months and if it is working out for all of us involved they will write up a contract for Brant to become part owner. It is amazing all the twists and turns that life throws at you, but I know without a shadow of a doubt that our Heavenly Father is gently and lovingly guiding our steps where he needs us to go and serve. It will be really hard to leave family but I am so grateful for all the love and support they are showing despite their sadness at having us go. It will be bittersweet, but I am grateful it is only 3 1/2 hours away and not farther. Brant will come back on Friday and we will all head back down together on Saturday for good. This week ought to be pretty busy! We will keep in touch and I will be better at updating our blog once we get settled. We will keep our same phone numbers and obviously the same emails, so we should be pretty easy to reach still. Love you all!!! Here is a picture of Brant's cute Grandma and a picture of the cute house we are renting!
11 comments:
Congratulations on everything. I'm glad everything is falling into place. Good luck in Panguitch.
Congratulations Ash!! I'm gonna miss you! You and Brant are such amazing people. I'm SO happy that things are working out for you. I LOVE YOU!!
WHAT A STORY!! What a great blessing. Prayers are really answered!!
Wow! That is so awesome that you are following the promptings of the Spirit enough to move to PANGUITCH! J/k - such a cute little town, I drove through once and thought it was adorable!
Good luck on your new adventure!
WOW, that's a great story. I'm glad to hear that things are working out for you. Good luck with everything!
Congratulations Brant! Nancy and I are so excited for your family's new adventure!
Good luck with everything. Panguitch is beautiful.
I love when things come together like that! Congratulations you guys! Enjoy everything and good luck!!!
Wow! It truly is amazing how everything just seems to work out! Good luck with everything!
Hey hpws it going in your new home? Call me as soon as you get a minute, I am dying to find out how you guys are!:)
Nice fill someone in on and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Thanks you as your information.
Post a Comment