Okay Okay Okay - So, I KNOW I won't have the house above :) but, since we are going to be moving north by Brant's work and buying a house with a mother-in-law suite/apt for my parents we have been considering building rather than buying. As we are designing a home I am trying to find fun/unique ideas that will make a family stay more organized and run more smoothly! Share your ideas big or small. One of mine is two laundry rooms. I can hardly keep up with the laundry now with one child let alone all you moms out there with more! Adding a second hookup for laundry is very small in cost but would help me stay on top of things. Any quirky or unique storage or ideas would be greatly appreciated too! Also, I am looking for fun ideas for my craft room - I am sure a trip to Ikea will be needed for sure for that room! What do you LOVE or HATE about your current house and how would you change it? I have drawn up my dream house plans a million times over the years but I am sure there are lots of things I haven't thought of! Thanks everyone in advance. I am sure you will have LOTS of fun ideas and tips.
1 week ago

4 comments:
We have a basement apartment in our house and I LOVE it. It has it's own kitchen and laundry room. When we move out of this place (which is in the near future) we will be looking for another house with a basement apartment. One think I really want in my new house is a BIG pantry right in the kitchen. Right now our only storage is in the garage, and I hate going out there every time I need a can of something.
Space for a closet rod in the laundry room - then you can hang things right in there instead of putting them in a basket, and for stuff that needs to hang dry. Had it in our old house and loved it, then I didn't have to hang stuff in the bathroom on the shower curtain rod :).
Good luck, how fun for you guys!!
For a young family, it's nice to have a rambler so you don't have to run up and down stairs all day. I also like my walk out basement, it makes it light down there. I also really like having the kitchen attatched to the "great" room. Since I am always cooking or cleaning the kitchen it's nice to see what the kids are doing in the living room/great room. I hope that helps give you some ideas:)
Lazy susan! Love those. Also, a thin cupboard to keep cookie sheets in. Those are great too. A man door in the garage, so you don't have to walk all the way around to the backyard with yard stuff. An outlet for outside Christmas lights with a switch on the inside of the house. Also, having an outlet in the LR hooked up to a switch is nice for the Christmas tree. No reaching behind and getting scratched up to unplug lights. :) Laundry room, with a door! Paint with an eggshell finish or satin finish. Flat paint can't be washed, its just washes off the wall!
Thats all I can think of for now! Good luck!
Post a Comment