We had a blast for Easter. Beau really understood more what was going on this year and we had such a fun time! Friday Night we went to dinner with Brant's Dad and had a blast. Then Saturday morning Brant got up and did his long 20 mile run in prep for the upcoming Ogden Marathon and we met him at the Clinton Easter Egg Hunt - It was SOOOO cold! We had Beau all wrapped up and he was really quiet and somber while waiting so I was worried he wasn't going to want to go grab eggs but when the alarm went off - He took off. The whole park was clear in about 2 minutes it was hilarious! I loved that the majority of his eggs had toys in them rather than candy. Then that afternoon we went to Aunt Jills for an Easter Party with Brant's side of the family. We had Tony's Pizza - yummers! and had a big easter egg hunt. Each kid had their own color and there were even eggs for the adults! We had a blast. Beau got TONS of candy as well as $18.75 cash. I even scored $15 Brant didn't get any money but lots of candy :) The next day we went to Church and the Easter Bunny came while we were gone :) Beau got lots of fun activity stuff like paper, crayons glue, scissors (what was that crazy bunny thinking- hello?!?!?!?) and toy cars and a special Easter Church Book and clothes from Mom and Dad. He hunted for eggs and that night we went to a traditional Easter Dinner with my side of the fam at Jami's house. Along with one more Easter Egg Hunt - Did I mention all the candy - I think we were drowning in candy at this point. We got to bring our sweet 88 yr. old neighbor Fern to Jami's with us and it was a fun Easter all around.
Other than that we have been a little under the weather here at our house. Brant and I have been struggling with flu/bronchitis-y type symptoms. This has put a bit of a crink in his marathon training and is driving him bonkers! Brant is not one to sit around. I have been going through baby clothes sorting sizes and trying to get the first batch of newborn and 0-3 months ready. Beau is hilarious as usual and always talking to my belly and Laney. He makes these little castles and then holds them up to my belly and says Look Laney - It is your birthday cake. It is so funny! We have been talking about strangers lately and being obedient since he learned how to get the deadbolt open on our apt - Don't want him wandering out there - so far he has done pretty good.
Things are going forward we think on the house - Just waiting for the final word - It is a cute little house in Clinton that is a fixer upper. Brant and I have always wanted to tackle a fixer upper I just didn't think we would do it when I was 8 1/2 months pregnant and trying to get the remodel done and moved in before the baby got here - But hey - Always an adventure right? The dr says all is looking good - she is measuring right on size wise and he has agreed to start me as of June 16th which is coming quickly! Hope all is well with all of you out there!!!!
0 comments:
Post a Comment