We just got back from our trip to Maui and it was a blast. I was so worried about how Beau would do on the plane, but he was great. One of the other traveler's even called him the perfect baby. Here are a few photos of the week!
The sunset from our condo deck
Brant and Beau at the beach in Napili
Beau loved the girl at Hard Rock Cafe's Pink Mohawk. He stared for so long, we were all cracking up and finally got a picture.
Chillin' in Dad's Sunglasses
Up the Hana Highway with Bali the palm weaver - He gave Beau this hat for free. When I went as a teenager I got a beautiful bowl that Bali had weaved from Palm leaves and I was so sad a few years later when it was so dried out that it broke. I was so excited to see him still there. I got a new bowl and a he gave me a rose bookmark and Beau this hat. We shipped them home and I am hoping they arrive safely tomorrow!
Brant and Beau at the waterfalls by Bali just past Hana
Watching the surfers at Ho'okapai
Beau laying with Brant at the Condo
Ash and Beau at Ka'anapali Beach - Beau just loved the ocean - He would squeal every time the waves were coming to him and then just bounce. It was hilarious.
Brant taking surf lessons in Lahaina
Beau on Dad's board
Brant and Beau after Brant's surf lesson with Maui Waveriders
Beau so tired at dinner at Outback Steakhouse - It was WAY past his normal bedtime in Utah. What a trooper!
On the boat on the way out to Molokini Crater to snorkel in the ocean. It was choppy enough at Molokini that they sent out a test swimmer before they let anyone in the water. It is normally really smooth out there and great for snorkeling. Lots of people were really nauseated as they came back on the boat after being in the water. We saw big turtles, lots of fish and some whales and dolphins. I even got to see a whale breech once as were driving down the highway. Beau did awesome on the boat and loved watching the water.
Brant normally doesn't get seasick, but didn't feel too hot this time. He was still able to snorkel at turtle town too though so that was nice.
Brant and Beau in the condo pool. Beau absolutley LOVED the pool. It was nice and warm and he was just laughing and sqealing the whole time. It was great.
Lunch at Bubba Gump's
We had a blast but it is always nice to come back home to reality and get back into a routine. We were able to attend church in Lahaina as well and it was so fun. It is so comforting to have that foundation and know that wherever you go the gospel is still the same and the church is true. It was a missionary's homecoming talk and a really neat meeting. Although it was sure nice when I had to take Beau in the hall cause he was fussy to sit and watch the ocean out the doors of the church. The members were so friendly and said they get lots and lots of visitors there in their ward. Overall we had a wonderful time and enjoyed being warm for a few days. Beau loved playing with his feet and not being so bundled up all the time. It was weird to be able to just walk outside with him and not be grabbing lots of blankets and rushing to the car. It was a fun trip but we are happy to be home too!
12 comments:
It looks like you had a blast. I'm jealous! :)
Thanks for being so awesome ashley!!
love you
Fun, fun, fun. Maybe one day I will go there too!
Glad you guys made it back home safe.
You look beautiful in all your pictures.
Looks like lots of fun! I'm glad you were able to go and have a good time!
We move on Tues.
We move on Tues.
That looks like so much fun!! I am jealous, and I love the Bubba Gump photo!
Jealous doesn't even begin to describe it! haha I am glad you guys had so much fun!! Maui rocks!
Look how big your baby is getting already! They grow way too fast, don't they? You are so stinkin' lucky that you got to go to Maui! It looks like you had so much fun. I'm dying to go on a serious vacay! Lucky girl!
wow...what a great vacation! I'm jealous. Looks beautiful and so relaxing!
What an awesome trip! My sis Nicky is there now with her hubby for their ten year anniversary. I'm so jealous! :) I'm glad you guys had so much fun :).
I am a little jealous that Beau got to go to Hawaii and I have never been haha. Looks like you guys had a blast, what a fun trip. You guys are adorable!
Post a Comment