Last night I had the opportunity to go to the Stake Auxiliary Training at the church with the YW Presidency. It was so much fun and I came away filling so spiritually fed and ready to strive harder to be what I should be. They announced the new 2008 YW and YM Theme which is "Be Steadfast and Immovable, always abounding in Good Works" Mosiah 5:15 This will be a fun theme and we can focus on a lot of service throughout the year. For our YW meeting, they did a whole "Purse" Theme and talked about the different bags we have in our life. They focused on the Scripture Bag, Temple Bag, Leadership Bag and Diaper/Mother Bag. It was so neat and we talked a lot about the need to encourage and excite the young women to be mothers in the future. As a society we have lost a lot of the excitement about being a mom and how we need to get the girls excited to be a mother as it is one of the most amazing blessings that can come into the life of a woman. I am personally so excited for the chance to be a mom one day and can't wait for that time and experience. I know it will be a challenge, but very worth it!! I have so many amazing moms to look at it in my life. My mom and sisters and mother in law and Krista and ladies in my ward that teach me so much about what an amazing opportunity this will be. I hope I can be half the mom that these ladies are and if I can - all will be well. Today is Brant's grandparents, Boyd and Wanda Christensen's 65th Wedding Anniversary. I am so blessed to have these two in my life and to learn from their neat example of what a marriage should be. Well that is my post for the day. Tomorrow morning Brant is running with Anthony in the pumpkin run in Herriman - Hopefully it won't be too cold!!! I will post pictures later!
1 week ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment