Monday, April 21, 2008

3rd Anniversary and other updates :)

Last Wednesday, the 16th of April was Brant and I's third anniversary. Brant took the day off and hung out with me all day long. Since we couldn't go anywhere he brought home roses and breakfast after Seminary. What a sweetheart! We watched movies, took a nap and hung out. Then that night he went and got our favorite Chinese take out for us too since I couldn't leave the house. Not the most exciting anniversary ever but I am so grateful for a sweet husband who is always there by my side no matter what. Next year hopefully we can do something a little more adventurous as I will hopefully be off bed rest by then :)

Other than that things are pretty much normal. That same day, Ernesto, the young man who has been living with our family left to the MTC to start his mission. It was neat to watch him get set apart the night before as they came and did it here at the house, so at lease I was able to be a part of that. I am sure he will be a great missionary.

Saturday, Brant and Anthony, my brother-in-law, did the SL Marathon Bike Tour. They had to get up a little after 3 am and be out of the house by 4 am. They drove down to the Gateway and hopped on Trax to head up to the U of U. The Bike portion of the day started at 6 am while it was still dark outside. Brant has been so busy he only got in one pre-race bike ride in training. They followed the same route the marathon-ers would take just an hour later. Brant came in at an hour and 14 minutes and was in the top 150 riders out of 1500 people. Anthony came in with the top 30 riders! Way to go Anth! They were still home before 9 am which was nice. It was hard not to be able to go and take pictures and cheer them on, but I am glad they did so good and were safe. I get nervous about bike races and one person crashing causing other people to go down too so I am glad they were safe!

Brant finished his 10 day seminary teaching last Friday and had a blast. His evaluations both seemed to have gone well and on the last one the kids evaluated him as well. The trainer told him that his scores looked good and they would meet with him this week to review his score which will determine whether or not he will be picked to student teach for the year. He goes in for his scores Wednesday morning! Cross your fingers. :) It was hard for Brant to be done - last night he was sad he wouldn't be teaching today. I know I am prejudiced but I really think he would be an amazing teacher and hopes he gets that opportunity with all my heart! Good Luck Babe!!!

3 comments:

Watts Family said...

Hey guys! Happy number 3!! Wow that just seemed like yesterday. And way to go Brant. You are so amazing! Love you guys.

N. Taylor said...

You will have to update us when Brant finds out on Wednesday. I also think that he would be an amazing teacher. Good luck Brant!

kam said...

Happy Belated Anniversary! and GOOD LUCK Brant! Keep us posted.